Last Revised: Oct 17th, 2016
I. ABOUT THE SERVICES
- Parachute provides a care coordination platform for the purpose of optimizing the supply of healthcare equipment and services by connecting clinicians (“Clinicians”) and suppliers (“Suppliers”). Clinicians and Suppliers may use the Services to input, update, submit, confirm and track order and order information.
- All prescriptions and other orders sent to Suppliers through the Services are accepted, reviewed, and ultimately fulfilled by the applicable Supplier, and not by Parachute. All sales facilitated through the Services are solely transacted between the Clinician and Supplier. Parachute itself does not provide prescriptions or orders or sell healthcare products, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Parachute provides no representations or warranties regarding the services or products of either Clinicians or Suppliers using the Services, any healthcare products or equipment made available through the Services, or the accuracy of any data uploaded to the Services by Clinicians or Suppliers. Parachute is not responsible for the delivery of prescriptions or other orders or the sale, or service of providing healthcare equipment and services. Parachute is not a vendor or co-vendor of any goods and/or services. Parachute is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any users of the Services, including between Clinicians and Suppliers, or between users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service.
- The Services do not fall within the criteria of a medical device pursuant to Section 201(h) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act because they are not intended in any way to diagnose, treat or cure conditions or diseases. Any medical content, services, information, advice or materials of any kind accessed through the Services is for general information or reference purposes only and shall not be relied upon or replace any professional, clinical or medical advice or judgment provided by a Clinician or other health care professional. The Services do not address all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects, or interactions of any healthcare equipment or products, nor do they provide comprehensive information concerning any particular disease or medical condition.
- what information we may collect from your use of our Services;
- what we use that information for;
- with whom we share that information.
- To register an account on the Services, you must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction). You must be a licensed Clinician in the United States (or authorized clinician staff of such Clinician) or you must be an authorized member of a supplier registered with Parachute in order to use the Portal. You do not need to create a Parachute account (a “User Account”) to visit our Website, however, you do need a User Account to access the Portal. You may create a User Account by completing the registration process set forth on the Website. You are responsible for providing and maintaining accurate contact information, which may include name, email address, address, phone number, payment information, insurance information, Clinician and Supplier information, Clinician license information or Supplier license information, as applicable, and other account information. Telephone calls and email correspondence with Parachute may be recorded or monitored.
III. TERMS APPLICABLE TO USE OF THE CLINICIAN AND SUPPLIER PORTAL
- Use of the Portal. All Clinicians and Suppliers using the Portal agree to do so in a professional manner in accordance with the applicable professional code of conduct. All Clinicians and Suppliers agree to use the Portal and Services solely for their intended use and not for any unlawful purpose. All Clinicians and Suppliers agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information received through the Portal to the same extent as they protect their own confidential or protected health information and in accordance with the applicable industry standards and applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (“HITECH”), and their implementing regulations.
- Data Uploaded to Portal. All Clinicians and Suppliers are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of any information entered on the Portal or in connection with the Services by their employees, agents or representatives. Parachute may not be able to verify the accuracy of such information, and may rely on such input information without further corroboration or inquiry.
IV. TERMS APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES
- Use Restrictions.
(b) You agree to protect the Services, and their proprietary content, information and other materials, from any unauthorized access or use, and you agree that you will not use the Services or such proprietary content, information or other materials except as expressly permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by Parachute. Except as specifically permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by Parachute, you agree that you will not directly or indirectly: (i) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, modify, time-share or otherwise exploit the Services in any unauthorized manner, including but not limited to by trespass or burdening network capacity; (ii) use the Services in any service bureau arrangement; (iii) copy, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify the Services, any updates, or any part thereof in any form or manner or by any means; (iv) harvest or scrape any content or data from the Service, or (v) permit any third party to engage in any of the acts described in clauses (i) through (iv). You further understand and agree that you are not permitted to: (w) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights’ notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in the Services; (x) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer any part of the Services, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Services); (y) use any means to discover the source code of any portion of the Services; or (z) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the Services. Any attempt to do any of the foregoing is a violation of the rights of Parachute and its licensors. If you breach these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that Parachute is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using the Services.
- Third Party Services and Materials.
(a) Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Parachute is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. Parachute does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. (b) In addition, third party services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from the Services are not available in all languages or in all countries. Parachute makes no representation that any third party services and Third Party Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or Third Party Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws.
V. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PORTAL AND ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND PARACHUTE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE USE, PERFORMANCE AND SUPPORT THEREOF), EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, INTERFERENCE WITH ENJOYMENT, COMPLETENESS, INTEGRATION, FREEDOM FROM DEFECTS OR DISABLING DEVICES, UNINTERRUPTED USE AND ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. PARACHUTE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS- OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THAT THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER APPLICATION OR ANY PARTICULAR SYSTEM OR DEVICE, OR (IV) DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE PROVIDED BY PARACHUTE OR ITS AUTHORIZED AGENTS WILL NOT BE DEEMED TO CREATE ANY WARRANTY. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY PARACHUTE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Any and all (i) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the Services and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback), information and reports provided to Parachute by you (collectively “Feedback”), and all (ii) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by Parachute or otherwise relating to the Services (collectively, “Revisions”), are and will remain the property of Parachute. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the Services or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of Parachute and Parachute may use and disclose Feedback and/or Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to Parachute any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. At Parachute’s request, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment.
VII. ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
This Section includes an arbitration agreement and an agreement that all claims will be brought only in an individual capacity (and not as a class action or other representative proceeding). Please read it carefully. You may opt out of the arbitration agreement by following the opt out procedure described below.
- Informal Process First. You agree that in the event of any dispute between you and Parachute, you will first contact Parachute and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action.
If you wish to begin an arbitration proceeding, after following the informal dispute resolution procedure, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Parachute Health, LLC 120 E 23rd ST, FL 5 New York, NY 10010.The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules including, if you are an individual, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. If you are not an individual or have used the Services on behalf of an entity, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will not be used. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879.
The number of arbitrators will be one. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language. New York law will apply. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. If you are an individual and have not accessed or used the Service on behalf of an entity, we will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000, unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous, and we will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court, will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, unconscionability, arbitrability, enforceability, or formation of this arbitration agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this arbitration agreement is void or voidable. However, the preceding sentence will not apply to the “Class Action Waiver” section below.
If you do not want to arbitrate disputes with Parachute and you are an individual, you may opt out of this arbitration agreement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of the first of the date you access or use the Service.
Class Action Waiver
Any Claim must be brought in the respective party’s individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, representative, multiple plaintiff, or similar proceeding (“Class Action”). The parties expressly waive any ability to maintain any Class Action in any forum. If the Claim is subject to arbitration, the arbitrator will not have authority to combine or aggregate similar claims or conduct any Class Action nor make an award to any person or entity not a party to the arbitration. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void, or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. The parties understand that any right to litigate in court, to have a judge or jury decide their case, or to be a party to a class or representative action, is waived, and that any claims must be decided individually, through arbitration.
If this class action waiver is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of the Arbitration Agreement, if otherwise effective, will be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, you and Parachute each waive any right to a jury trial, and such claims shall be submitted to the state and federal courts in the State of New York. You and Parachute agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts with respect to such claims.
VIII. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Export Laws. You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly the Services and/or other information or materials provided by Parachute hereunder, to any country for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or approval. In particular, but without limitation, the Services may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or any country that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (b) to anyone listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole expense with all applicable United States export laws and regulations.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Services and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.